Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sections of Cantilevered stairs







I find cantilevered stairs to be the most interesting of stairs. I like the fact that these stairs break boundaries as they are not supported by both ends. Normally with these cantilevered stairs two thirds are stabilised in the building while one third sticks out. I therefore chose this unique stair case as it looked contemporary and really cool. I like the use of metal concrete and glass; all these elements help to pull off this futuristic stairs. I have used these materials, elements and ideas to come up with my own unique designs. This is evident in my stairs as the base material is concrete, the balustrades are glass ad they protrude out of the building. I have slightly altered and changed ideas to coincide the with atmosphere of my sketchup model.

No comments:

Post a Comment