Monday, April 27, 2009

Lecture 7




















I decided to choose this picture because a main focus of my design is the use of shadows, lightness and darkness. The initial attraction to this picture was how I felt as if it symbolised and represented my design as it has similar concepts and themes. Like my design in this picture the image protrudes out of nature. I like the use of man-made objects using the natural environment to help create form and structure.

To best project different shadows and exemplify lightness and darkness I have found it is best to use parallel shapes that stick out and capture the suns rays. In this image I think it highlights similar aspects which I have tried to demonstrate in my design by using long narrow tunnels and large parallel beans that stick out into the air. I like how in this image the shadows are casted on each thin parallel bar and then the dark shadow that sets in the lower compartment of the inner ground area. This helps create dimension and reinforce form which I have found inspirational in trying to achieve for my own designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment